Saturday 2 February 2013

New Year Fitness Resolution: Run a 5K

Since last January (2012), I have had one goal in mind and that was to run the 5K on Ottawa Race Weekend.

Ottawa Race Weekend is possibly the biggest race weekend in Canada, largely due to the fact that the marathon on Sunday morning is a qualifier for Boston. People fly in from everywhere, the downtown core is shut down, and forget about getting a hotel room, it's basically impossible.



On the Saturday of Race Weekend, it's the 5 K race. Winding around the Rideau Canal, it's one of the "starter races". And this year, I'm going to run it!

My goal? Run the whole 5 K with minimal or no walking. I'm not so concerned about time (I'm currently in the 40 to 45 minute corral), but I want to finish. In all my sweaty glory!

So the 5 K training begins and will be documented on this here blog. Let the adventure begin!

PS: Still want to register? Here's the link: www.runottawa.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment