Thursday 31 January 2013

Where's the beef?

I've been having some rib pain for a while. More specifically, the left side. It was time for me to see someone about it.

I went to see an osteopath. So what's an osteopath?

According to the American Osteopathic Association,  it "is a complete system of health care with a philosophy that combines the needs of the patient with the current practice of medicine. Doctors of osteopathic medicine (DOs) practice a whole-person approach, which means they consider both the physical and mental needs of their patients." (source)

I've been to see an osteopath before and it was a lot of help. It fixed me up real good, hence, I decided to see a new one.

Long story short, after being told I was out of alignment, which made complete sense to me, I was also told that I need to eat more red meat, since it seems like I might be low in iron and vitamin B12. I was also told to go get some blood tests via my family doctor. Needless to say, that's a work in progress.

Hence, I'm now trying to eat red meat 2 to 3 times a week. The problem is that I don't like red meat. I occasionally eat it, when I crave it, when I want it, but that's rare. Like really rare.

So, I am now one of those people who is now going to required to eat red meat. Strange but true. I, your handy neighborhood blogger, is now one of the few people who has been asked by a health care professional to eat red meat.

So, where's the beef?


No comments:

Post a Comment